My SketchFab storefront is now live! A select number of source models are now available for purchase. I will be adding content constantly as I work on personal projects. Go to https://sketchfab.com/rose3d/store to see what I have available. If you have suggestions or issues with my content, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am a Self Employed Senior 3D Artist who has specialized in primarily video game environment creation for the past seven years. I have worked as an on-site contractor and on a remote basis for many studios, large and small, to help improve existing art or to make new art that aids in improving the overall quality of the games. Most notably, have worked with Sony Interactive Entertainment, WB Games, and Bluepoint Games on-site while I helped Human Head Studios, Boss Key Productions, and many more studios and outsource firms remotely.
I have worked outside of games as well, where my in-depth knowledge of the Unreal Engine positioned me as a hybrid Technical and Environment Artist for two YouTube 360 experiences for VaynerMedia and Psyop’s Clients.
In addition to my contract work, I am an Adjunct Professor teaching Game Art and Design and Animation.
I'm always happy to make connections. I am also actively seeking remote or on-site contract and full time work. Please get in touch with me! email@example.com or @Rurouni_Strife on Twitter.
• Collaborated with the Environment Art Lead and Art Director on the overall visual look for a section of the game world that maintained the layout of the original game while bringing in new, unique environmental design elements
• Transformed the visual quality of the original game by combining the modification of existing terrain assets with kit bashing in my section of the game as well as a few other areas
• Used proprietary tools to create both layered and decal material types
• Teach and mentor students in a variety of subjects related to game art and design
• Use existing syllabi as a guide to creating updated curriculum for classes
• Courses taught: 3D Modeling & Texturing I and II, Introductory Game Design, Experimental Game Design
• Write and edit game development articles on the Gametextures.com blog page
• Worked with a small team to create a Youtube 360 video for a client using Unreal 4
• Directed other artists on best practices for working on assets designed for Unreal
• Set Dressed, lit, and set up scenes to render out an animation to be composited with live action footage
• Rebuilt the Stereo Panoramic Capture plugin for Stereo Rendering, then implemented a non-stereo panoramic capture solution in late production to speed up render times
• Worked with a small team to create a YouTube 360 video for a client using Unreal 4
• Developed multiple shaders and materials achieving desired visual fidelity while maintaining an artist friendly workflow.
• Modeled and textured environment assets and set dressed two of the three environments
• Modeled and textures environmental assets under the direction of a senior artist for LawBreakers
• Created two weapon models and associated textures for use in Defiance
Model and Texture Artist
• Motion Logic Studios • Two Bit Circus LLC
• Hero4Hire LLC • Zero Transform LLC
• Ironbelly Studios • Hangman Digital
• PolydigitalSE • Digital Armada
• Endless Pools
• M2M Studios • Koda Labs/MTI Games
• The University of Oklahoma K20 Center • Arch Virtual
Lead Artist and Consultant: PVP Heritage
• Modeled and Textured assets in a variety of styles and technical constraints for Infinite Crisis, Lord of The Rings Online, and Dungeons and Dragons Online.
• Created assets for use in Infinite Crisis’s unique destruction system
• Investigated a graphical anomaly that changed the art style in Infinite Crisis.
• Was an environment artist on the pre-production team on a cancelled title
• Built a number of lush environments for a key launch title for PlayStation Vita under the direction of senior artists
• Hand modeled terrain in Maya and used proprietary tools for population, material creation and export
• Optimized existing PlayStation 3 assets for use in game